top of page

I read that after having a green card for three years, I can naturalize. Is this true?

The answer to this question is that it depends. You are allowed to naturalize if you have had a permanent green card for three years or more. This means if you married a United States citizen and got your green card, the initial green card is a conditional one. The conditions must be removed after two years via the I-751 form, which is a petition to remove conditions. Once approved, USCIS (United States Customs and Immigration Services) will then issue a permanent green card. Once you have received the permanent green card and three years have passed, then you are eligible to apply for naturalization.

Featured Posts
Check back soon
Once posts are published, you’ll see them here.
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page